Sunday, March 27, 2005

 

Holi - Just another day...

It was just another Holi for me… and as usual I was not in the colors. It’s been quite a while .. 12 years to be precise … since I last played holi … (I was in class 11th then)… I feel that holi is a fest where in you get together with a group of friends… go around the streets and city corners … meet a lot of people … hog on home made sweets … and enjoy the togetherness … a fest of colors and togetherness …

Since 12th there were incidents where I couldn’t play holi… when I came to my engg college… it being in south India… holi was not a game to be indulged in … guys actually went mad with “ink” and whatever they got hold of… I think that was the point when I realized that its enough for me to get indulged in … after the college also in Bangalore… there was no room for a fest like holi… to add the feeling of togetherness was missing…

Last year there could have been chance for me (being back in the college) to get in to the mood of holi… but alas I couldn’t due to undue reasons ... and this year … seeing last years snaps of holi… it was kind of Nah! (even though I had few friends whom I could have enjoyed)


Well its not that I don’t want to play with colors… in fact I enjoy a lot… however it was beyond my dignity or self respect to stand holi being played in and with MUD! I actually slipped off (sheepishly) to one of my school friend’s place and had a quite time there.

But I hope those reading this had a really “colorful” holi and they enjoyed the togetherness…

Comments:
what kind of homemade sweets and when you are off to university who makes the homemade sweets??
 
to you jeff...
in India, festivals are occasions when at every home lots of sweets are prepared (not too sure if you are aware of traditional Indian cuisine)...
most of these delicacies are prepared by mothers... so when you land up in friend's place... his/her mom will serve these delicacies... and same goes almost every where... :)
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]