Tuesday, March 15, 2005

 

Joy Ride

the name sounds familiar, isn't it... i happened to have one, last sunday ...

well baba bought a new bike for himself... bajaj Discover... from Pune and planned to ride it into Mumbai. Considering the kind of stretch (Pune-Mumbai: non-express way) i offered him my services ... which he gladly accepted. ;)
for me... since I was doing nothing great, a Pune trip was not a bad idea... starting early morning we cought the bus to pune and reached forenoon, had lunch at baba's place and thus our journey back began...

first we went to baba's friends' and then to NDA (man! that's some instt). It was late afti when we hit the Mumbai highway. Then i took over from baba and for another an hour I rode. We took a break at a deserted dhaba - had tea/fanta and swaped the seats (though the a** was already burning)...
We were passing through Lonavala, when I asked baba to stop... I saw a some photogenic moments and tried capturing them. We moved further, and we were just crossing Khandala, I found another spot to shoot. The sun was setting and i was not able to take it my way ;)... we had just moved further and then I realized had we were there 15 mins earlier... it was beautiful valley view and colorful sky... I just missed as it was too dark to capture without tripod... anyway... then I took over from baba as it was downhill (and it was steap!). we rode for an hour and were desparately looking for a eating joint where we can take a break... fortunately, we did find one ... (though not so good either)... had a nibble and we moved on... though it was plains I was riding as baba's eyes were strained. We just rode and rode... at crossroads of Panvel, we had two options ... go via thane or via vashi... we thought thane route might be shorter ... unfortunate of us... it landed us to thane via Mumbra... (this was worst of the patches)... then after 2 hours of continuous riding we landed mumbai and from here baba again took the controls ... and we rode home!!! it was in all around 6 hour journey... (but the painful part was we had to speed max of 50 kmph!) ...
It ws by no means less than "the joy ride" on baba's new bike ...

Comments:
seemed a lot of fun ... feeling somewhat J ... a road trip on a bike sounds my type of masti ... pure passion n craziness!
 
seemed a lot of fun ... feeling somewhat J ... a road trip on a bike sounds my type of masti ... pure passion n craziness!
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]