Monday, October 10, 2005

 

City Run...

Baba has tagged me… and has rightly pointed out about us being literal cosmopolitan… My initial years were at home and past few years … slightly more than a decade now… I have been out! …


From Birth to School…

Surrounded by three of the major cities of Uttar Pradesh – Lucknow, Kanpur, and AllahabadRaebareli has been a place of interest for the politicians since independence. A township which has been constituency for the Gandhi family … has created a history in chapters of democracy by defeating the ruling Prime Minister from her favorite constituency (talking about Indira Gandhi). In the industrial map too it is marked for its Indian Telephone Industry (ITI) and several others like textile, sugar, paper, cables and Power (NTPC). Settled on the banks of river Sai and Ganga, Raebareli is populated with small farmers, businessmen and traders. Though the development of the city has been stranded because of political unrest … it still creates interest in the local political arena. (
http://www.raebareli.com, http://raebareli.nic.in/). What ever… it is home sweet home!

I must also talk about my friendly neighbour – Lucknow… the city of Nawabs… Lucknow has it’s own charm and culture… even today when I go home… I make a proper visit here… one of the blogs have a much better description about Lucknow… <confusing musings>


My Second Home…

Better known as Mom’s place… Calcutta (Kolkota) is my second home… around a quarter of my childhood is spent in this 3 century old city. There was a time when I used to wait for my vacations to visit Calcutta… now it’s like once in two to three years… a beautiful city to spend a vacation… I still miss the local sweet – sandesh a lot.


A break…

After my 12th I spent a year in Delhi for the preparation for the dream run … of JEE (IIT)
! Unfortunately, I couldn’t clear my JEE… however, I was lucky to get through one of the other prestigious institution REC Trichy. Delhi was the first step outside my home… and it was the turning point in my life… I used to live in south Delhi (Malviya Nagar) and used to get coaching in IITJEE Study Circle at Green Park (a locality near AIIMS and IIT). It was fun to begin my real bachelor life from one of the most happening cities… I had another visit to Delhi for a months duration while I was doing my Engg summers in C-Dot. There is no point elaborating what Delhi is … after all it’s the National Capital!


Student Life…

The first four years of my student life (graduation) were spent in a city better known as Rock-City – Tiruchirapalli (TN). The place was none other than REC Trichy (now known as NIT Trichy). The college was around 15km off the city limits. It is also known as industrial town of the state and has industries like BHEL, SRF, VKN, Distilleries … On the banks of Cauvery (Kaveri) it has also two of the very famous temples – Rock Fort Temple (Lord Ganesh) and Sri Rangam (Lord Vishnu). It is also very close to temple city Madurai and Tanjore (aka Thanjavur). However, there is something about this place which we used to hate it for… it didn’t have (and still)… winters… the climate is hot (in winters), hotter (in autumn and spring) and hottest (in summers)… The city is ever bustling with traders, businessmen, and industrialists. People out here are generally peaceful and content, and very friendly and helpful. The time spent during these four years has been a mark on the stone of my life…

My second stint was after four years of my job, in Mumbai – the dream city! Here I spent two years to get my post graduation in management. The two years were spent in a real green jungle which was located in the midst of concrete jungle… and NITIE was the destination. Whatever one may say… it is one of the most magical cities of the country… and even though the infrastructure is too inadequate to support the entire run, it still doing a marathon… However, it was not the first time I came to Mumbai… my first visit was a short one month when I did my engg summers in BARC!... things change … and keep changing…


The Land of Opportunities…

For anyone who’s related to IT… Bangalore is the city of Jobs and Opportunities! Also known as garden cities (though not many of them really survive now) … and city of Pubs… (which are really on the high since last decade)… Bangalore has grown exponentially and beyond anyone’s imagination… and that’s precisely why the infrastructure growth and been showing a negative curve! Today the city is populated with people across India… and steadily loosing its charm. However, the weather out here is still better than most of the cosmos – just cool.

Tagging along…
Tags to all… those who would like to share their experiences…

PS: Alok… would like to have a post from you…


Comments:
Bhai sab, yeh jaan ker Khushi hui ki aap Raibareli ke hain. Humara nanhihal bhi Raibareli hai :-)

Good description of respective cities. Hope your city flourishes well under Sonia :-)
 
Very interesting tag.

You have come a long way ...
 
U are missing those times.. arent u?. :)
 
Manish: hey good to know you're related to Rbl...

.:A:. : thanks...

Jane: You bet, I am...
 
so u've lived in all 4 corners of the country. great!
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]