Wednesday, March 19, 2008

 

Extended Expectations …

The things I have been scared of… have been coming true for me …

With my life now being extended … the new set of relatives (immediate and extended) have their own agenda that needs to be taken care too… everyone of them wishes or desires to please each other in multitude ways … and expects that I would follow the suite. There is nothing really wrong here; just that my philosophy is little different from theirs and after a point it really bothers …

Now a lot of these expectations are driven not by the immediate family members but by the extended family or the society at large … for instance, the girls family is expected to treat the boy royally… he should be pampered … bought umpteen numbers of gifts, sweets, etc … the boy is expected to pay visits to all the extended family – giving them an opportunity to showcase how well they can pamper and load you with stuffs …

As I never really cared about such things, I don’t even know the rules of such game… and there I loose the battle before it starts even … and then I get few words from the immediate family about the things I have done or rather have not done ….

I really wonder who made such idiotic rules and rituals (and expectations) … and why such fancy fanfare about the whole thing – creating an uncomfortable zone for both parties … when do we dump the typical ‘log kya bolenge’ (what would people say) attitude …

PS: so far I have managed to survive to a certain extent … but I can feel the shortage of ammunitions to encounter such events for long …


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]