Tuesday, April 22, 2008

 

Hawa Mahal …

It was a very short trip to Jaipur this Sunday – to attend GKs wedding … and it was a mixed first time experience for the place. I have had heard of Jaipur from a lot of people and had a very good image … to a certain degree it was more or less same as I was told … just that my first and only monumental visit (to Hawa Mahal) was more than disappointment. It was simply because it was under renovation. Well to begin with the entrance was not at all as any tourist would expect … and then because of the renovation, the place was haunting with all the building construction material … to add to the woes, when we actually went up the Mahal, there was no Hawa (cool air/ breeze) – which was contrary to the popular belief of having breeziness across the floors …

My second half of the day was good … though on Sunday the market is generally closed, we did a bit of shopping (we – me and MS, who was also there for GK’s wedding). GK had already advised us for high level of bargaining – but we poor mortals couldn’t do too much … but over all it was fun (though MS was furious for I cut short her extravaganza so that we could reach at the starting of barat on time) …

Autowalas were of mix lot … some ok types and some raising the demands … but the city is dead by 9:30 PM or so … also, I didn't find too many shops for sweets (may be I was on wrong street) ...

But I think, I need another visit there to know more …


Comments:
Never stepped outside South India. Have no idea. I'm sad.
 
Never been to Jaipur.. you shud post some pictures..
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]